Accidents involving commercial vehicles, such as tractor trailers or 18 wheelers, can be very dangerous, even deadly. Many times these collisions are preventable, but the driver or someone involved with the trucking company chose to drive under dangerous circumstances and to put other drivers and their passengers at risk of injury or death.
Common causes of big truck accidents include:
- trucking companies providing inadequate training to their drivers before sending them out onto our roads and highways.
- driving without the legally required, proper amount of sleep.
- failing to check blind spots on the road before changing lanes.
- driving with defective equipment such as worn tires or brakes.
- driving at unsafe speeds, even during dangerous weather conditions.
- driving a tractor trailer that is overloaded or improperly loaded.
- unsafe driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Georgia Law Allows Compensation for Truck Accident Injuries
The state of Georgia requires that all trucking companies make sure their fleet of vehicles is well maintained and ready for the road, and that their truck drivers have a safe driving record and are not driving while under the influence or while fatigued due to inadequate sleep. When trucking companies and their drivers don't take reasonable care to prevent accidents, their insurers must pay compensation to accident victims who are injured and suffer economic losses after being involved in a collision.
The Value of Truck Accident Experience
When you or a loved one are hurt in a crash with a big rig, you will be facing a trucking company and an insurance company that are experienced at fighting accident claims. You will need your own experienced team of truck accident lawyers on your side, to make sure you are treated fairly and receive compensation for your damages, including:
- medical expenses due to doctor's care, surgery, physical therapy or rehabilitation.
- lost wages and income while you're out of work and attending doctor's appointments.
- permanent disabilities that limit your future income potential.
- pain and suffering, including physical injuries and mental trauma caused by the crash.
- loss of relationship with your spouse and loved ones due to your injuries.
- vehicle damages and property damages or other losses due to the collision.
Contact The Experienced Truck Accident Attorneys in Newnan
The attorneys at The Cummins Firm have over 30 years of experience that they will use to protect your legal rights and make sure you get fully compensated for your injuries and damages. We fight hard for our clients throughout the state of Georgia, including people involved in accidents in Newnan, Atlanta, Columbus, Macon, Rome, Albany, and everywhere else in Georgia. Our injury clients owe no attorney's fees until we resolve their case with a settlement or verdict, and the first consultation is free. Contact The Cummins Firm today at 678-590-5590 for experienced help with the insurance claim process and the Georgia legal system if you've been involved in a truck accident.