Attorney D. Scott Cummins provides every client with over 30 years of experience handling Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Claims and Criminal & DUI Law, including court room experience as a Prosecutor of 2 courts, and 17 years‘ experience as a Judge of 4 traffic courts.
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Car, Truck & Motorcycle Accidents
- Criminal Defense
- DUI Defense
- AV Rated/ Highest Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend
- Rated 10.0/ 10.0, AVVO
- Georgia Super Lawyer
- 1985, Georgia
- Emory University, B.A., 1982
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, J.D., 1985
Professional Experience & Memberships
- Newnan-Coweta County Bar Association, Secretary/Treasurer 1990-1991; President, 1991-1992
- Georgia and American Bar Associations
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Assistant Solicitor, Coweta State Court, 1986-1988
- Solicitor, Municipal Court of Tyrone, Georgia, 1991-1992
- City Court Judge— Senoia, Georgia, 1987-2004; Luthersville, Georgia, 1987-1993; Franklin, Georgia, 1998-2004; Whitesburg, Georgia, 1998-2004
- Member, Board of Directors—United Way of Coweta County; Newnan-Coweta Chamber of Commerce; Newnan Country Club; Newnan Kiwanis Club (Past President)
Early in his legal career Attorney Cummins had several years experience serving different courtrooms as a Prosecutor in the morning, a Defense lawyer in the afternoon, and a Judge at night — all on the same day. This experience was unique and invaluable training for Mr. Cummins' law practice, as it gave him insight into how “all three sides“ handle a case. This well rounded courtroom experience helps Mr. Cummins level the playing field in our legal system and get justice & fairness for his clients' cases, a cause which Mr. Cummins remains dedicated to both personally and professionally.
Outside the courtroom Mr. Cummins enjoys trips to the beach, playing guitar, and a good burger or pizza — not necessarily all on the same day. Mr. Cummins is happily married to Michelle, who worked for years in Coweta County as a dedicated High School Counselor and is an incredible Wife, Mom & Cook. Scott is also the proud father of son John, who is studying engineering at College, and playing guitar at a level that Mr. Cummins can only hope to achieve someday — as the old saying goes, practice, practice, practice. Mr. Cummins enjoys Life, and the Law, and treats clients like family and is glad to help them resolve their cases and move on with their lives.